Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Trade Review: GPB/USD

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trade Review: GPB/USD

I caught a good move on the GPB/USD this morning while trading on the 5 minute chart. Most of my trades are based on the hourly time frame, but I'll also use the 5 minute time frame quite a bit. I noticed some good price action while Geithner was speaking this morning and then I waited for the buy signal. Here's the chart: Generally I wait for a yellow bar to exit long positions but this morning I knew that I would be away from my computer for a while so I just set a profit target. Coincidentally, the fisher MA crossed over the 1 line at about the same time the profit target was reached. As is noted on the chart, the fisher MA crossing the 1 line can be a sign that an uptrend is beginning to wane. This turned out to be a well planned and executed trade...and I got over 100 pips of profit from it.

Have a good day.

TLT

No comments: