Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: TLT Trender v2 Update: Coding is Finished

Friday, June 5, 2009

TLT Trender v2 Update: Coding is Finished

My TLT v2 Trender indicator is finished and I'm very happy with it. As I described in a previous post, the indicator breaks down trends into 4 categories:
  1. Blue: Accumulation--exit shorts and get ready to buy or go short again;
  2. Green: Mark up--go long;
  3. Yellow: Distribution--exit longs and get ready to short/or go long again;
  4. Red: Mark down--go short.
Here's and example chart:Here's another chart, this one is more recent and it's the hourly chart of the pound:
For those who check in with my blog often, you'll probably remember that I was recently long the pound, however, I exited that position a couple of days ago and I bet you can guess where and when based off of the above chart. In fact, I exited the position within one day of my chearleaderish "Pound Keeps Rockin" post...guess my own excitement level over the trade could have been used as a good contrarian indicator as a topping signal. Luckily I stuck with the charts and not my emotions on that trade.

I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the TLT Trender v2 readings into the blog. I've been toying around with the idea of posting daily, 4 hour and hourly charts of the eur/usd and the S&P, or something like that. Let me know if you have any ideas.

TLT

No comments: