Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Trade Review: Eur/Usd Long

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trade Review: Eur/Usd Long

Yesterday I put on a long Eur/Usd position and posted the chart that showed my entry. The trade was successful and I exited yesterday evening right after I got home from work. Here's the chart:As you can see, I booked about 45 pips from this trade. Not a huge trade, but a good one. Fortunately, I kept an eye on the pair later on into the evening because the hourly chart was in a really strong uptrend. I put the trade back on when my system gave me another buy signal later in the evening and I set a profit target of 1.3615, which the pair hit early this morning and I booked another 55 pips from the follow up trade.

The reason I would refer to these trades as good trades is because I had a plan and followed it. The trades may or may not have been profitable, but I stuck with the initial trade plan. That is very important, although the importance of sticking with a plan does not become apparent until you've been trading for some time.

TLT

No comments: