Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Review of a Live Trend Trade: ATW

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Review of a Live Trend Trade: ATW

April 13, 2009, I purchased ATW at just under $21.00 a share and today I want to review the trade and see if it's still worth holding onto. I initially put this stock on a watch list because it had been consolidating for a several months and it looked like it might break out of it's consolidation channel. Well, on April 13th it did and here is the chart:A little over a month has gone by now and the stock has shot up to $28-29, back down to the $22-23 neighborhood and now it's hovering around $25. I am going to hold onto this stock because the current chart pattern indicates that the uptrend is still intact and there is not a sell signal. Here's today's chart with some annotations:Based on the above observations, I think this is still a great stock to be in and this might even be a good point to jump in or add to a position. I personally will not be adding to my position because I have a sufficient exposure to equities right now, but I might wish I had later. We'll see.

TLT

No comments: