Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Live Currency Trade: Long the Eur/Usd

Friday, May 1, 2009

Live Currency Trade: Long the Eur/Usd

Yes, the Eur/Usd has been all over the place. Up, down, down, up...etc. Attempting to trade it has been a roller coaster for me. I put on a long trade about 20 minutes ago and to time the entry I used the new trading method that I mentioned earlier this week. Here's a 5 minute chart with the 1, 2, 3 Setup spelled out on the chart. Take a look:I'm still gonna post a more detailed explanation of how the method works, but for now you can just take a look at the chart and note the various indicators used. The main problem with this method is that you can get lots of bad signals in choppy markets. The key is to look at a bigger time frame (I look at the hourly chart when trading off the 5 minute) to determine the primary trend and whether the currency pair is trending or consolidating...easier said than done, but I've been working on ways to work this out.

TLT

No comments: