Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Update on USD/CAD Trade

Monday, November 24, 2008

Update on USD/CAD Trade

Sure enough, the trade closed out last night while I was asleep...I love it when that happens. The down-trend got a little choppy but it hit the profit target.The horizontal green line is the entry, the red is the stop and the blue is the limit order that was placed. It's not a coincidence that the profit target is about 3 times farther than than the stop...this setup had a favorable risk/reward ratio.

On a different note, there's a lot of chatter on the news wires about Citigroup getting a bailout. Fortunately I added some Citigroup to one of my CNBC portfolios on Friday because it looks like that stock might take off today...only thing that would be better is to have it in my real account but this would never happen because I don't bottom feed for stocks like this when I'm trading my money.

As for the markets in general, they could go either way. If the Citigroup news is big enough we could see a nice rally today but, the path of least resistance still seems to be down.
There are several points of overhead resistance that the market will need to get past and then hold them. The MACD is still bearish but it looks like it could turn up...today will probably be a pivotal day and it will set the tone for the following week. Given what we saw the last three trading days of last week, anything is possible. The only somewhat sure thing about this market is that moves happen very quickly and they tend to be big. Have a good Monday!

Good luck out there.

TLT

No comments: