Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: LIve Trade: USD/CAD

Sunday, November 23, 2008

LIve Trade: USD/CAD

Tonight I caught a great sell signal with my trend following system on the USD/CAD and entered a trade. The signal was generated in the 5-minute time frame. Here's a shot of the chart. The sell signal is highlighted with the red circle. Notice that both trend lines are red...that's the sell signal. Also, in the top left of the chart, the signals for the different time frames around the 5 minute period all say down or indicate that they're about to say down. The final factor that confirms the sell is the BB width indicator at the bottom of the chart. The BB width line is below the green line and it's turning up, which indicates the currency pair was basing and is beginning to break out.

This is pretty close to an ideal trade for me as all the indicators are working in conjunction with one another. One final thing to note is that the pair is selling off rather quickly and it continues even while I'm writing this post. I've noticed that price moves that immediately follow and confirm a buy/sell signal generally have a better chance of moving further than when the price stalls after a signal. Odds are that this trade will close out while I'm asleep tonight considering that its about 10:30 p.m. right now. I've already entered my stop and limit orders so everything is on auto-pilot now. I'll check the outcome in the morning and post a follow-up chart to show how it plays out.

Good luck out there.

TLT

No comments: