Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Keep and Eye on that Euro

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Keep and Eye on that Euro

Yes, gold has been all the rage and it keeps climbing higher but, you don't want to neglect that Euro.  The Euro has been incredibly strong and is continuing to show strength.  At the very least, you want to be watching the Euro closely because as long as it continues to trade higher, gold and equities should follow suit.  Here's a chart of FXE, the Euro ETF:

Note that I pointed out the volume.  Currencies in the spot market do not have volume reported, at least not legitimate numbers.  If one wants to get an idea of volume in the currency market, one has to look at futures or an ETF.  I don't watch the currency ETF volume very closesly, but I do keep an eye out for massive spikes.  You can see from the chart above the three days of massive volume the etf had.  That was a heads up that this move would have some momentum behind it and it did. 

I'll be trying to post a little more regularly now..work has been insane and I've still been trying to get caught up after my 2 week vacation.  I have recently checked my website email and there are a few people waiting on responses from me.  I sent you guys a quick email over the weekend and I will be getting back with you soon.  Your patience is appreciated.

Hope everyone's trading is going well.

TLT

No comments: