Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: I Bought the Market Today...

Monday, October 5, 2009

I Bought the Market Today...

Went long with a leveraged ETF today as the S&P began pulling out of oversold levels. Will it continue going up? I don't know, but you have to be willing to step up and buy during times of uncertainty when you see a tradeable setup. For me, the setup is a pullback to oversold levels on the stochastic while an uptrend stays intact...the uptrend is indicated by the green bars painted by the TLT Trender v2. Here's the daily chart that shows the oversold level and the green bars:The daily chart gave me the signal to start looking for a long entry and a specific stop loss level. To determine this, I use the TLT Trender v2 on the 15 minute chart along with a volatility indicator to pinpoint the entry. The volatility indicator looks for rising short term volatility, which confirms a breakout. I'll post later on in the week about the volatility indicator and how I use it...don't really have time to right now.

Hope everyone's week is going well so far.

TLT

No comments: