Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Failed to Pull the Trigger: WFSL

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Failed to Pull the Trigger: WFSL

Here's a stock that popped up on one of my screens on Monday and it had a near perfect trade setup...but I did not pull the trigger. I went long several stocks yesterday as the market started pulling back a little and I nearly bought WSFL, but for some reason I passed it up. Don't get me wrong, I miss all kinds of trades, even ones that I look at closely, but this one stood out to me...probably just because of the major pop that it had today.

Here's the setup:
  • the stock is in a confirmed uptrend in the daily timeframe as it is trading above it's Volatility stops (ATR stops) and it's moving averages (20-50-200) are in perfect order;
  • the stock pulled back on the daily chart to the point where the stochastic registered an oversold reading and, very importantly, the stock stayed above its Vstop level;
  • the weekly chart shows a long basing pattern with a breakout above the vstops, the macd is bullish as it recently crossed the zero line, and there was a huge spike in volume on a break recently.
All of the above provide a great setup for entering a long position. Here are the charts:About as perfect of a setup as I could ask for and then bammm...the price rallied from 15.60 to 17 and some change. Like I said, this actually happens quite a bit, I just thought it would be fun to point this one out.

I'll post sometime next week on how my other stocks are doing. One that should be interesting is FCX, one that I've held since August and it continues to make new highs. Others include an oil play and a tech company. We'll see.

TLT

No comments: