Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: LIve Currency Trade: Short the Eur/Usd

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

LIve Currency Trade: Short the Eur/Usd

Good morning. Markets are a little mixed today after a few economic releases. I have a short term trade on in the Eur/Usd...found this trade while sorting through my morning chart scans. The dollar was strong overnight against the euro and this strength has continued throughout the morning. Here's the setup:
  • Saw a sell signal on the 3 hour chart;
  • Saw a sell signal on the 1 hour chart;
  • And saw a buy signal on the 5 minute chart, however, the last 3-4 buy signals and rallies on the 5 minute chart fizzled out quickly.
  • Therefore, I decided to fade the buy signal on the five minute chart and set a profit target for the prior lows in the channel.
Here's the five minute chart:As you can see, the outcome for this trade has yet to be determined. I'll post a follow up later today when the trade closes out.

TLT

**************************Update***************************************

It's just after 10:00 am and I just got stopped out. The trade looked good for a while but then it reversed. Fortunately, I didn't lose money because I had already moved my stop to break even...I try to do this with trades once they cross the halfway mark to my profit target. At one point in the trade, I was tempted to close the position with a small 10 pip profit, but, lately I've been bad about not letting profits run. Therefore, I left the trade alone and stuck with my plan. It's hard to do sometimes but I'm glad I did because I know it'll work out better in the long run that way. Here's the 5 minute chart with my exit:


No comments: