Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Can You Say Short Squeeze?

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Can You Say Short Squeeze?

WDC was a big money maker this morning as many traders sold it short right off the open. The daily chart shows significant levels being violated and the hourly was slanting down..all great bearish signs. But all good things must come to an end and this one was swift. WDC has been one direction since the 3rd 15 minute candle stick this morning and that direction has been up.

I'll admit it, I thought about shorting it at a couple of different spots, including the resistance at 38 after it filled the gap and looked like it might head back down. Fortunately I did not take any of those trades because it went off on a tear...must have been ripping through stops. In fact it's still moving higher as I write this post. Here's a 15 minute chart to illustrate what I'm talking about (although this chart was saved 20-30 minutes ago and now it seems outdated):That, my trading friends, is what a short squeeze looks like. What fun!

Hope everyone's having a great day.

TLT

No comments: