Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: A Glimpse at the TLT Trender v3

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Glimpse at the TLT Trender v3

Haven't posted in a while, I've just been really busy with work and life in general.  All though I haven't posted much, I have still been very active in the markets.  Also, I've been working on the next generation of my trend following system--The TLT Trender, which is now on its third version.  This version is taking a little while, mainly because I've been coding it myself and I've been coding it for Think or Swim, as opposed to MetaTrader 4 on the last version.  Here's a screen shot of what it looks like right now: 
As you can see from the chart above, the bars on the chart change color based on the current signal.  The bars are changing color based on the reading of the Thermo Adaptive indicator down in the second indicator window.  The Thermo Adaptive indicator is the heart of the system and the ATR Average Compare indicator in the third window acts as a confirmation of trend (2 is a strong uptrend, 1 is weak uptrend, 0 is neutral, -1 is weak down trend and -2 is a strong downtrend). 

The Thermo indicator is based on the previous thermometer that I've posted on before.  Although it is similar, this version is much different and far more sophisticated.  This indicator constantly tracks a stock's ability to make higher highs and higher lows and trade around significant levels (like 52 week highs or 20 day highs) and then the indicator tracks current prices verses different averages of these thermo readings.  The different averages are actually adaptive averages (hence Thermo Adaptive) and they will tighten up when trending and loosen up when price action is choppy and inefficient.

I'll post more about these new versions of my indicators soon and maybe post some of the code for other Think or Swimmers out there.  One neat way that I've recently (like a week ago) began implementing this indicator is by taking current readings of every stock in the S&P 500 on three different time frames on a daily basis.  This is allowing me to track the trends in different sectors on different time frames to get a feel for the orderflow in the market.  It's still early and there's much more work to be done.  I'll post more soon.

TLT


1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.