Site Meter The Lawyer Trader: Some News Items

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Some News Items

  • World markets gain from energy...haven't heard that in a while.
  • Potential triple bottom for GBP/USD, or just setting up a trend extension?
I hope everyone is still having a good holiday season. As an FYI, I normally will not post links to news items like above because there are plenty of others that do a fantastic job of sorting through and posting links to news items (Charles Kirk, Trader Mike...). I posted these links today because the others are on vacation and not actively posting, so I thought what the heck.

The game plan for today is the same as yesterday...short gold and short the pound. I've seen several articles that speak of the coming strength of the pound, which makes me think that there might be a little more room to short the currency.

Gold is still showing some good signs of falling and it will probably fall pretty quickly if the Israel and Hamas skirmish comes to a halt...although Israel doesn't seem to be in any hurry.

Only two more trading days left in 2008, lets make em' good ones.

TLT

No comments: